WARNING: Graphic Scene!!! 10 year-old bloodied with a horrific gash by a discarded beach barbecue!!


Little Emmalee's injured foot!
Graphic Scene!!! 10 year-old bloodied with a horrific gash by a discarded beach barbecue!!  

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE!

What was supposed to be a fun activity on the beach turns into a nightmare for 10 year-old Emmalee McCormick as she and a friend went to a local beach in Fleetwood, Lancashire last Thursday at around 7 p.m. to paddle in the sea when she felt something scratched her foot.That’s when the little girl looked down on her foot and she saw the blood oozing out of a bloody wound that extended from her mid-foot to her heel almost taking off her whole foot. She was then pulled by two of her friends out of the water while an unknown couple has rushed her to Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

The little girl then underwent immediate surgery to sew up her foot as she’s losing a lot of blood, she was also put on a 24-hour intravenous antibiotics to deal with the pain and possible infection. It needed 4 people to hold the little girl down as doctors tried to jetwash sand, stones, and even lighter fluid from the barbecue that got onto her foot and one of those 4 people was Emmalee’s horrified mother Michelle Hargreaves. Doctors then used one continuous stitch to sew up the wound because the cut was so deep.

Medical staff feared that any more stitches could cause the cut to open for a second time leaving blood pouring from Emmalee again. Almost a week later, the girl still isn’t able to go back to her school at Charles Saer Primary School in Fleetwood, Lancashire. Mom-of-four Michelle was horrified when she saw her daughter's gory injury. Michelle said: “There was just blood everywhere and it turned my stomach when I saw it - it was like something from Bizarre ER on the television”. A spokesman for Wyre Council, the body responsible for maintaining the beach, said: "We can all do our bit to keep beaches and bathing waters clean by putting litter in the bin”. “As sadly demonstrated in this case, food waste such as broken bottles, cans and other containers can be dangerous for children and wildlife so please take them with you off the beach and recycle them at home.”


The incident was clearly someone’s fault who just didn’t mind to throw away his trash properly. It clearly shows how we are degrading the quality of our environment even compromising the safety of other. Hopefully this can be an eye-opener to people who just doesn’t seem to care on where they throw their garbage at.



Emmalee McCormick, 10.




Do you know a situation like this happening in your area? Let us know on the comments section below!


WARNING: Graphic Scene!!! 10 year-old bloodied with a horrific gash by a discarded beach barbecue!! WARNING: Graphic Scene!!! 10 year-old bloodied with a horrific gash by a discarded beach barbecue!!  Reviewed by Jose Galao on 1:55 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.